Friday, March 22, 2019
Doors Open: 5:00 PM
Program Starts: 5:00 PM
End Time: 12:00 PM
California Ecosystem Restoration Camps Council
For many years, indigenous peoples, scientists, educators, organizations, and government agencies have worked to protect and restore ecosystems of the West Coast. Today, there is growing awareness that we must scale up and collaborate on these efforts.
Based on a growing global movement, we will have the unique opportunity to hear about the Ecosystem Restoration Camps from John D. Liu, and explore how this could look in California.
Join us to share knowledge, experiences, concerns, and hopes. Ecologists, agency representatives, permaculturists, indigenous leaders, farmers, educators, and concerned citizens will join to co-create a vision for the future of California based on working with nature.
Together, we shall delve into these questions and more:
- How can the wisdom of Indigenous Peoples help influence present-day policies?
- How do we learn to live with fires, drought and the needs of a growing population?
- What permaculture and other practices can be used to restore the water cycle?
- How can we most effectively sequester carbon while rebuilding our depleted soils?
- How can we galvanize collective, large scale action for healing the ecology of the West Coast?
- What can we learn from others working on similar projects?
- Where do we go from here as a growing movement?
Event start time: Mar 22, 2019 5:00 PM
Event end time: Mar 24, 2019 12:00 PM
There are different registration prices based on your choice of lodging - camp or indoor room.
This is a family-friendly event but no dogs please