Saturday, February 3, 2018
Doors Open: 10:00 AM
Program Starts: 10:00 AM
End Time: 12:00 PM
Protest march and Rally
MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD
In early January President Trump and Secretary Zinke released a proposal to open up California Coasts to new offshore oil drilling and leasing. This move would be highly detrimental to the wellbeing of our state's coastal economies, communities, and wildlife. We as a community must unite together to oppose this misguided action.
Join Save Our Shores to fight this proposal by attending the Protect Our Coast Protest March and Rally on Saturday, February 3rd. The march will leave from Lighthouse Point Park at 10am, walk along West Cliff Drive, and arrive at Cowell Beach where the rally will begin at 11am.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Congressman, Jimmy Panetta
- Secretary of Natural Resources, John Laird
- Senator, Bill Monning
- Santa Cruz City Mayor, David Terazzas
- Supervisors John Leopold, Ryan Coonerty, and Zach Friend
- First SOS Executive Director, Dan Haifley
- Director of the Center for a Blue Economy, Jason Scorse.
These community leaders will share their perspectives and make clear that the California Coast is not for sale – especially not to the oil and gas industry. Together we can make a difference!